Thursday, June 16, 2011

Reasons to Celebrates...Easter and Mom's

Like I said before, I am looking for every excuse to decorate a cake.  So, even though it was not the best color choices, I have an Easter Bunny cake (because I had those colors laying around, i decided to use them up).

I also made a cake to take to my mom-n-laws for Mothers Day, since we were going to see her.  It was my first take on a homemade chocolate cake...but I baked it to early, so by the time we actually got to eat it, it was rather dry.  I also wanted to practice my roses again, since I had not done them since my class, and had pretty much forgotten how to make them.  So, after a few YouTube videos, and an run through the Wilton Year book (which also gives instructions), I think that I started remembering.  They could still use some work, but at least I know how to make them now.  This is also my first attempt at a cake that has two different sized layers. The other fun part about this cake, was that we drove it to Sioux City in Bernard (my '74 Super Beetle), and after much trouble with him, and endless hours in shop, he made it to Sioux City and back, on the interstate, going about 70 miles an hour!  And....he also made it back home! It was quite the ride and I was so excited that we were able to drive him that far!



No comments:

Post a Comment