Monday, June 13, 2011

Homemade frosting--Attempt #1

Shortly after I finished my cake decorating class, I just wanted to practice, practice, practice. I was finding every excuse that I could to decorate the cake.  I tried to make a few frostings on my own, which was awesome, however, it took a lot out of me to make my own frosting, bake a boxed cake, color the frosting, and then finally decorate the cake, all in one nights time. (remember that I said before that I was/am a procrastinator).  The only good thing about this, was that I was making a cake for a friend, that used the same colors that I could use to make a St. Patty's Day cake, just 3 days later... Anyway, I decided that from now on, or until I get a little bit better at the decorating part, I was going to buy frosting from Michaels, using my 40% off coupons, and then used boxed cake mixes. So, here are the cakes that I made with my 1st attempt at homemade buttercream frosting, and boxed cake mixes.  The frosting tasted good, but got soft very quickly, making it hard to make 'good' decorations.



No comments:

Post a Comment