Thursday, September 22, 2011

Run! It's a monster!

So, I can't say that this is an original idea, but it sure was fun to make!  Once I continue to get a little better, it would be much easier to cover the 'eyes' with fondant, or melted chocolate would probably even work the best and would give it a little more of a finished look.  Overall, I thought that it was very cute for my first 'monster' cake.  It was also my first attempt at a homemade marble cake.  Thanks to my AWESOME friend Amy for a book with 100 different cake recipies.  I did get the feedback that the cake was super good.  It was dense, but moist, as it is more of a sponge cake texture.  The frosting was a little sweet for the adults (after I got all the 'hair' on there, the frosting was probably about an inch thick), but of course the children had no complaints!  I am hoping to do a few more of these around Halloween, so if you plan on having a Halloween party and want a cake, please email me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment